A vacancy has arisen at BETA BRICKS ZIMBABWE (PVT) LIMITED for the position of FACTORY/PRODUCTION MANAGER. This is a new position for our new Face Brick Plant based in Mount Hampden.
Reporting to the General Manager Bricks Production, the purpose of this position is to manage the manufacturing functions so that he/she achieves agreed performance in terms of service, quality and cost.
This new position will be involved in:
- Planning the daily targets for the department and managing resources to safely manufacture good quality face brick products, at efficient cost, whilst ensuring excellent customer service.
- Integrate with the existing management to deliver improvements in reliability, quality, safety & health and environment performance whilst developing production capabilities.
- Taking ownership of, and developing the safety, quality control systems, environmental and product costing systems and contributing as a member of the business management team.
- Liaise with Supply Chain Management to maximise output and minimise downtime/bottlenecks
- Spearheading the Research and develop into new products especially of face-bricks and other special clay products
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Degree in Ceramic Technology or equivalent degree in a related field i.e. Production Engineering
- 10-15 years’ experience in a Clay Brick Manufacturing industry
- Millwright /Fitter Turner /NTC 4 Qualification
- Planning and organisation skills to be able to run and monitor the production process
- To act decisively and solve staff or equipment –related problems
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily
- ICT literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- The ability to deal with communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients
- Strong negotiation skills for getting materials within budget and at the right time
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner
Applicants who meet the above minimum requirements, are encouraged to apply and submit their letters together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae not later than 31 July 2017 to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted